About Michelle Bowman
I am a caring and outgoing woman in my thirties. My training consists of the Foundation Certificate, followed by 3 years of Advanced Clinical Training in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy. I have been awarded the Post Graduate Wealden Psychology Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy and Counselling and have been working with clients since 2014. I attend regular CPD events, workshops, conferences and advanced training in order to continue my professional development and I am currently working towards the CTA qualification. My work also involves regular supervision from a UKCP registered Supervisor.
I am extremely passionate about the work I do and I believe in the life-changing difference that psychotherapy and counselling can make to peoples’ lives. Not only have I seen my clients change and find new meaning in their lives, but I have also experienced both the hard work and the reward of being a client in long term psychotherapy myself. I have a particular interest in how our bodies can give us clues as to what is going on in our psychological world.
Current Psychotherapy and Counselling Work
Alongside my Private Psychotherapy and Counselling Practice, I spend three days per week working in a Secondary School and Sixth Form College offering 1:1 Psychotherapy and Counselling sessions for 15 – 19 year olds. I have a particular interest in working with teenagers and young adults. I also teach some workshops to other counselling and psychotherapy professionals.
I am also the Counselling Service Manager for Taylor Made Dreams, a Crowborough based charity working with families who are facing the devastating loss of a child. The charity offers young children and their families the opportunity to complete a ‘Taylor-made bucket list’, providing them with a chance to spend quality time together whilst sharing new experiences with the financial support of the charity, as well as receive the emotional support they need from trained therapeutic professionals.
Please visit the website for more information about how you can donate to the charity, volunteer, raise money or ask for support for your child or family. http://www.taylormadedreams.net/
Previous Counsellor Work
Previously, I have worked as a Counsellor for:
- Care for the Carers in Uckfield, Wadhurst and Hastings (2013-2016). Care for the Carers is a charity based in East Sussex, working with and supporting people of all ages who are caring for a loved one. Please visit their website for more information http://cftc.org.uk/
- The Little Forest Counselling Project, Tunbridge Wells (2014-2015). The Little Forest Project offered counselling services to adults in the local area. Unfortunately, the project ended prematurely due to the withdrawal of funding.
- The YMCA’s Talk2Us Counselling service, Tunbridge Wells (Jan – May 2016). The West Kent YMCA offers a low cost counselling service to young people aged between 13 and 26. Please visit their website for more information http://www.westkentymca.org.uk/projects/counselling/
Qualifications and Training
I have also attended specific training in the following areas:
Workshops that I run to date are:
- Woking therapeutically with teenagers (Wealden Psychology Institute)
- Working within an educational setting (Wealden Psychology Institute)
DBS Certificate and Insurance
I can provide an up-to-date DBS (formerly CRB) certificate as well as my Therapist Professional Indemnity Insurance Cover Certificates on request.
Who I work with
I work with adults, young adults and children and I hold sessions for individuals, couples or groups. People bring a range of different issues to sessions, some of which may have a recognised label attached to them and some of which do not. Either way, your experience is your own and you are welcome to explore anything at all when you come to Psychotherapy and Counselling. I have listed below some of the issues which are often raised in sessions, although this list is not exhaustive and the name of the issue itself cannot be enough to tell your personal story and unique experience: